Magento Enterprise Edition (EE) 2.1 is the latest version of the digital eCommerce platform that is gaining popularity among the medium-scale and enterprise-class online businesses.
New Features in Magento Enterprise Edition 2.1
- Staging and Preview : Quick preview of the changes made to the site and improve the customer’s shopping experience
- Elastic search : Easy to set up, scale and manage high-quality search results in 33 languages
- PayPal Payment Enhancements: PayPal in-context checkout, saved credit cards and easier PCI compliance with PayPal, Braintree, Authorize.net, WorldPay, and CyberSource integrations.
- Business Management Tools : Intuitive Admin Interface, Drag and Drop tools, Easy product creation, management and display of product information
Comparable software in the eCommerce field: WooCommerce, Drupal Commerce, Shopify, Bigcommerce, Prestashop, VirtueMart, osCommerce, and OpenCart. Shopify has a comparable score with Magento Enterprise Edition 2.1 and is catching pace quickly in the market, but the latest features of Enterprise Edition 2.1 score over the rest.
Core feature advantages of Magento Enterprise Edition 2.1 over the others are in terms of:
- Flexibility: Customer Assisted Shopping and Simple Return Management Authorization
- Customizability: Custom landing pages and Solr search
- Sustainability: Large product catalog and Advanced Marketing tools
- Efficiency: Multiple store setups and administration
- Adaptability: Quick upgrade
- Scalability : Multiple servers in the architecture for improved performance
Advantages in Detail
Magento Enterprise edition 2.1 has the following major advantages over the other similar eCommerce applications:
- Seamless shopping experience across any mobile device with minimum Response Time
- Improved rate of conversion from Suspect to Customer increases Sale
- Quick checkout of Items improves Customer Satisfaction
- One-click account creation gains customers interest
- Auto-recognition of registered customers minimizes cart abandonment and improves order conversion rate
- Addition of enriched media content popularizes the product and improves buyer interest
- Intuitive Magento Admin experience proves beneficial to the merchants
Key technical improvements that lead to product enhancements are as follows:
- Tools to create and manage new and existing product information
- Drag and drop tools provide simple and latest customization of the product page.
- Extensive backend improvisation in Magento Enterprise Edition 2.1 reduces page load time.
- Separate master databases for key subsystems such as Order management, Product management, and Checkout result in scalability to meet varying database load requirements.
- Open source and modular development provide improved and quick customization of the application.
- Improved architecture with modern technical stack and leaf-level customizations make it possible to tailor the application for Merchant needs.
- New APIs on promotion and tax calculation integrate perfectly with any third party solution.
- Layout framework and themes support seasonal campaigns, new product lines, and market expansions.
- Easier product upgrades and Automated testing for Quality Control speeds up the Time to Market.
- Faster indexing and Roll back in database management result in better product catalog display.
- Full- page Caching ensures quick page serves and low server loads when multiple users login to the application simultaneously.
- Integration with RabbitMQ portable messaging system to manage message queues seamlessly
- Multi channel, integrated, and personalized shopping experience with Omni-channel integration supported by third party data sources.
- Improved performance of installation and upgrades.
The benefits of using Magento Enterprise Edition 2.1 for a medium to large scale enterprise business outdo the remaining products in the market and hence make it worth the price!
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA